Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Don't Stop Now


The last page of the wall calendar keeps wanting to flip on over to January. Its like I'm in a time warp blasting ahead to the future while still needing a lot more time to "do stuff".
This past week my favorite dog/pet ever had to be put to sleep. Very emotional for this old guy. A few days later I wake up with my heart beat pounding in my upper front tooth. Yep, a root canal. I'm now in my last few days of clinical for my Phlebotomy class with the final exam on Friday.
My daughter has a big birthday this weekend and T Day is next week.
Life goes on and our diet and exercise may be harder to fit in but don't stop now. For that matter, don't ever stop. A lot of us have lost weight in the past to only gradually have it come back onto our bodies a few pounds at a time until we were back to the heaviest weight ever.
I can't be honest and say it won't happen to me or you again. I can say we can't afford to allow it to happen again. Use these holidays as your experiment with willpower to defeat the food demons and come out of this at least one pound less by January 2nd. That will be one small victory toward winning this battle.
My total for the year now stands at 32 pounds lost. Not the goal. It is a good start to keep on working on for next year.
Keep at it my fat buddies. You are worth it.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Did mom tell you that we are doing spin class on Thanksgiving morning at 9AM???? That will be a great way to start the day and not feel as guilty for a little indulgence. Love you daddy!