Monday, July 11, 2011

Sweat Doesn't Count


If only the temporary weight loss from sweat was true weight loss. Today, Monday, I worked in the yard from 9am till 10am then walked my 3.25 mile course in the neighborhood. To add to my heat misery I then worked a couple of hours in my garage assembling shelving. At one point during the day I weighed myself and was down 3 lbs from the beginning of the day. That was my clue to pick up the drinking big time. Water mostly. No beer. Anyway, by the end of the day was back to normal weight still stuck at the 24 pound weight loss routine.
I feel like a juggler who can more or less keep up with only 2 balls in the air at one time and occasionally able to keep 3 balls rotating in air. My 4 juggling balls are diet, walk/jog, biking and weights/other exercise. I can't get my routine to be a complete "routine". Something always "falls" to the ground and lately its been weights and diet taking turns it seems.
The year is half over and I will be a "loser" for sure in this challenge if I don't get very serious from this point on. Over the next three weeks I will be on the road for an additional 4,000 plus miles on motorcycle and car. I must keep my walking shoes handy at all times and hope that being busy will at least keep me away from my own refrigerator.
I'll report the stats more completely next week as to the halfway point.
Now its time to squeeze the garage floor out as its almost underwater from my perspiration. Yuck.

1 comments:

Amy said...

You can do this dad! Focus in on your diet more and more and remember how much satisfaction you got from all the push ups you could do before???? keep your goal in mind and I know you won't be a loser! I love you!