Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Thin and Thick of It


Its so easy. Its so hard. Its a mystery. Its an Art. Its a Science. Its a shame. Its a blame game. What is "it"? Losing weight. On the surface its the old calories in and calories out routine. But below the surface its all kinds of habits and culture and psychological differences.
Advertisers spend billions trying to get us to eat their stuff then other advertising companies offer us diet books and pills and clubs/gyms to get us to lose weight. Ying Yang I'll be danged its a mess out there folks.
That's why, in my own mind, its to a large degree up to each of us individually and corporately to dwell on this national problem and personal problem until we start at least turning the tide in this battle.
I've lost weight. But I've also hit a plateau and must kick it back in gear. In my case its mostly mental energy. Or perhaps a better word is "focus" or lack of will. Half a year gone and the last few months are mostly a blur of personal activities that don't relate to my sticking to a honest routine.
Next week I'll lay it out as to the first half of the year as to what seemed to work and what occurs to me to be the current stagnation problem.
Later fellow loser buddies.

0 comments: