Thursday, July 28, 2011

You Don't Miss the Well...

She was the cheerful leader that inspired all that attended her sessions. She inspired each of us with her real-life weight loss journey that surprisingly resembled each of our own. For seven years she was there even when some of us, like me, were not.  Last week our Weight Watchers @Work leader, Ty Gardener, unexpectedly left our account and left a void.

The new leader is very energetic, knowledgeable and over time will do a great job I'm sure.  But losing weight is such a different kind of struggle - one that requires trust, mental connection, along with information.  For many years our Weight Watchers group were fortunate.  We had a constant coach who was there to celebrate our incremental successes as well as encourage us when we had the periodic slips.

Anyone who has struggled with weight can tell you that sometimes all it takes is an encouraging word to keep you motivated. I will miss our cheerleader, Ty.  I didn't realize how important that weekly connection was unfortunately, until it was no longer there.  Ty, the Wednesday @work session will miss you.  Take care.

4 comments:

YogaMe said...

Ty has been an inspiration for weight loss and fitness. I lost 30 lbs. and I credit it to WW and exercise.

I'm sure the new leader will grow on me, but I will say my first encounter with her did not make me feel warm and welcome like I felt when I attended my first open house with Ty. So I agree with Nancy, you don't realize the connection until it's gone.

Best wishes Ty. I hope you'll remember to add keep me on your Halloween party invite list.

Anonymous said...

We miss you Ty! You were a great motivator for me and had a great easy-going style as a leader. I wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Another blog entry, another paid advertisement for some weight loss program. When will it end?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recogintion. I will miss you all. I take what I do very seriously, because I've been through the struggle and still going through it. I greatly enjoyed the years that I got to spend with the Duke Energy crew and wish I could spend more. You were one of my favorite groups, which I've told you guys over and over. Don't stop trying because like I always say, "nother good comes out of giving up". For the negitive comment regarding Weight Watchers, we're more that just a company trying to push products, we're a family and sorry you feel left out.