Monday, October 24, 2011

Children of the Corn


Autumn is such a wonderful time of the year. You see more neighbors out on their porches or walking the community streets. Windows are open and football and apples abound.
I do have a warning for you, however. Beware of the corn. Candy corn. Its my favorite waist of calories in the form of orange and yellow condensed sugar. Trick or treat my foot. I say its a grand scheme to just "trick" me.
Instead of candy corn I need to find the world's largest corn maze and get lost in it with nothing but water to survive for about a week. That might kick in more weight loss.
The last few weeks my lack of balancing diet and exercise has resulted in nearly stagnate stats. I've walked fewer miles. I have done fewer push-ups and when I've behaved food wise, I've allowed my feeling of being tired win out and not exercise as much. The end result is one lousy pound lost during this time.
That's 30 pounds so far this year. Its also not even half what I need to lose to reach my ultimate goal. Obviously my willpower has not held up this year.
If you share my lack of "total" success in your 2011 goals, don't give up or give in. There are huge dangers of food consumption lurking on the upcoming calender and we/I need to salvage all we can over the next two months.
This isn't about a quick fix. We have to keep on fighting and trying for life. Next blog lets think about exercise and diet during the "eating" holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have lost 30 pounds this year, and that's nothing to sneeze at. Stop dissing yourself about your willpower, I believe the more you fixate on it the more you fulfill those thoughts. You know, even if you don't lose anymore this year, just maintain that 30 pound loss during the holidays, you are ahead of the game!

Amy said...

I agree! And I believe you can reach losing half your goal by years end if not more! Then just keep it up into next year. It might take you longer to lose the weight but you will still get there just don't give up! And when is your next race so I can see if I can join you?