Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can a camera help me lose weight?

I recently read an article in a running magazine that I'm going to adhere to their advice about keeping track of what you eat.

You may recall that I don't have motivational problems to exercise. I have problems keeping a detailed diary of what I eat. The magazine article said to use your camera on your cell phone to take a picture of what you eat all day long. Then at night, go back through the pictures to help you recall what you ate and then you can diary it. Also, if you are about to give in to temptation, perhaps have a picture of yourself semi-naked to remind you of why you should not give in to the temptation.

They used to say a picture is worth a thousand words. When it comes to a picture of my fat body, two words come to mind...... "oh my".

As most of you know there are also various phone "apps" to log calories etc but I still need to be able to just zap a picture and do my exercise and eating logs once as I prepare for bed and plan the next days menu etc.

I'm sure some of you have other techniques you can share with all of us that helps you keep track of things without having to constantly type or write it down multiple times of the day. Try it. Share your ideas. Now get out there and control yourself folks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried doing this yet?