Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Picking blueberries

I enjoy the occasional blueberry muffin and pancake.  During my last visit with my mother, I had the wonderful opportunity to pick blueberries at one of my cousins house.  After I recovered from the shock of getting up so early on a holiday, I actually enjoyed the fresh air and commune with nature.

Picking the berries and later eating my Mom's blueberries pancakes reminded me on how nice it is to actually know where your food comes from. So for the next month I will explore some of the local farmers markets to get a taste of what our local farmers are producing.  Send me your suggestions on the best farmers markets in the Charlotte area.  Any within a 25-mile radius would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nancy Johnson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Matthews Community Farmers Market (right in downtown Matthews) has a great reputation. I would definitely check that one out. It has a great vibe too with lots of people browsing and purchasing. Like something you would see in a magazine. I would get there early though (like, when they open) for the best selection.

Anonymous said...

The shark has officially been jumped. This blog should be shut down. It is no longer about a weight loss endeavor.

Anonymous said...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/11/2289438/2011-guide-to-farmers-markets.html