Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another Good Example for Weight Control


On my recent trip to see some of my wife's relatives in Pa, I ran across a 69 year old cousin in that family that is another good example for weight control.
This particular lady is a very energetic person who works full time at a law firm. Yes, she is 69 with no intention of sitting back and taking it easy. She gets up at 4am and walks during the week and goes to a gym a number of times per week. I noted she also eats low fat diet and small portions. Does it work? All I can say is she can work most of us into the ground and is very slender and fit looking.
It reminds me that the last time I lost a lot of weight I too was very involved in activities to the point of not having time to over eat and yet was in a habit of making exercise an "essential" part of my day.
With all this in mind, today I will walk 3.25 miles, bike for thirty minutes and lift weights. Sometimes you find inspiration even when you least expect it. Look for an example, a person who can inspire you. It could be a spouse, a work associate or a personal trainer. Ultimately, we have to be able to "fly" solo. Until we are successful going solo, take any help you can get.

0 comments: