Wednesday, August 10, 2011

21 days to a new me

Its been said that it takes 21 days to create a new habit. I am on day 10 of my new life without the Dew. I know there is someone who is wondering what does giving up Dew have to do with weight. There is probably is no correlation between not drinking Diet Mt. Dew and weight loss. There are no calories in drinking diet sodas, right? At least that was my logic for a very long time. But as I approach AARP age, I realize that even things with 0 calories might not be good for me.

Everyone knows that to lose weight you have to eat better and move more but another very important part to losing weight is sleep and my sleep habits have been atrocious. I average 5 to 6 hours of sleep and this has impacted my weight loss because most days I have been too tired to work out and that has to change.

So, I am now going through the withdrawals of giving up the Dew but I know that in the end, my sleep will improve and I will feel better as I replace the false energy from the green bottle with the real energy from exercising. Right now I am off for a nap. Until tomorrow.

0 comments: