Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Exercise and Weight


To those brave and patient souls who have hung in there this year following this blog, you've heard me repeatedly mention I exercise but don't diet very well. Initially the shift to more and more exercise helped me lose 24 pounds. I've been pretty much stuck at that weight. Which, when I consider how lousy my dieting has been and that I've not gained weight back..... that is some sort of victory I suppose. But its not the goal. My weight loss journey hasn't so much been a set back as it has been a "slack back". July was tough to even exercise enough to make any progress. I have to keep working on my "mind" to get the dieting in line. In the meantime, since I love to exercise, I see a period of time now that my schedule should really lend itself to allowing a big ramp up in amount of exercise. I'm still a proponent of the calories in versus calories out formula for losing weight. I'm fit enough now to be able to tolerate more strenuous exercise. So time to do it.
I hope that any of you who are struggling with your 2011 goals will not give up either. Its ok to admit our mistakes or lack of focus. It is not ok to accept failure or allow negative "I told you so's" take over our minds. Now get out there and do what you know you need to do to be fitter and leaner.

1 comments:

In Tray said...

When I was in the Philippines I used to go to the gym and do a lot of work outs and lifting weights. I noticed that I did not lose weight but instead grow muscles and increase weight. Now when I transferred working here in the U.S., I still did those weightliftings and the workouts. But rice here in the U.S. is rare unlike in the Philippines. The control in rice is what I think led to the weight loss I had. Yeah. A cup of rice per meal to be exact. It's not enough for my appetite but it's indeed healthier.