Monday, September 12, 2011

Beating the Pavement

Ah, this is my time of year.  The weather is finally getting cooler and I can go outside and take a comfortable walk. Walking is a cheap way to exercise. All that we need to get started is a good pair of shoes, a safe route and the motivation to move.  The last one is the hardest for me.  BUT I do find music to be a great way to keep me motivated and on track. A while ago, I asked for suggestions on songs to walk with. You all gave some GREAT ideas and I have created a few walking playlists. Below is my hip-hop version:
  • Let's Get it Started -- Blacked Eyed Peas
  • SOS -- Rihanna
  • Womanizer -- Britney Spears
  • Push It -- Salt-n-Pepa
  • Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
  • Disturbia -- Rihanna
  • Ring my Bell - Anita Bell
  • I Got a Feeling -- Blacked Eyed Peas
  • Please Don't Stop the Music -- Rihanna
  • Boom Boom Pow -- Blacked Eyed Peas
  • Can You Feel It -- Michael Jackson
  • 3 -- Britney Spears
  • Gonna Make You Sweat -- C+C Music Factory
As yesterday's remembrance of all those who died ten years ago reminded me, life is precious. So let's appreciate life by putting on our shoes and walking. Make a date to walk with a friend you haven't seen in a while or find a charitable cause to walk for this fall: diabetes, breast cancer, the heart. All of these causes are great ways to show our appreciation for the gift of life.

Share your playlists and let me know where you go to walk.  Who knows, maybe our paths will cross!  Remember every journey starts with a single step.  Take the small steps today to net results tomorrow.  Until Wednesday.

Nancy Johnson

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always good to include links when you tell people to support a cause.

Support the JDRF - Rideandstride2011.com

Susan Komen race for the Cure - http://www.komencharlotte.org/

I challenge the blogger to put her money where her mouth is an commit to one and/or both of these.