Monday, September 26, 2011

Bypassing the Weekend Temptations

Good morning, blog readers. Most of us have a weekday routine primarily dictated by work, family or school schedules. My eating routine during the week is generally pretty good. If I eat too much during the day or eat the wrong thing then my energy level drops and really how much can you eat in the short lunch hour? Not much unless you're wolfing down the food.

All of that weekday discipline goes out the window on 5pm Friday afternoon when our social lives break free. I recently visited a festival at my hometown. Once a year this small South Carolina town celebrates it's rich railroad heritage with a town-wide festival including ALL of the food guaranteed to expand waistlines!

As I walked around town, I saw corndogs, french fries, fried gator, candied apples, cotton candy, and the famous elephant ears. It was a walk full of aroma. Did I partake of any of the sugared food? Nope! Not one thing! I can thank my mother's home-cooked food for helping me avoid this pitfall. Many of you probably have similar weekend temptations. I hope some of you will be willing to share how you avoid your weekend temptations.

Take care.

0 comments: