Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Routine


I'm into my second week of school. A new routine for the old guy to get used to. I'm really enjoying it. I did find my exercise slacked off during the first week. On the other hand, my time was so occupied with reading and studying and taking test that I didn't think about eating as much.
The end result was one more lousy pound lost. So that is 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks and total for the year of 29 pounds.
I have got to get the balance of portion control "AND" exercise worked into my routine. I should be losing 2 or 3 pounds per week if I was doing this right and given my size and exercise potential.
Willpower. I'm still debating within myself the reason why weight loss has got to take a much higher priority in my life. Obviously long term health for an aging baby boomer is a valid and worthy reason. However, my immediate focus has been weak. 29 pounds is better than nothing, but its not nearly what "could have been".
I will head out the door right now and do a six mile walk. That is my long walk of the week. I will use that time to dwell upon some lofty goal that excites me and see if I can come up with something that turns the light bulb on to push the "willpower button".
PS. I would think the following comment should be obvious to all of you. However, a poster recently asked if anyone proof reads our blogs. No. We are not paid. We don't get any free stuff and no discounts at any store or business. Speaking for myself I'm just a first time blogger not in this for fame or fortune. Sometimes I do these blogs "on the road" using my cell phone/smart phone and probably have more errors grammatically in that format than other times. I apologize to you grammar fans out there. May I suggest you help a sixth grade teacher grade some class papers and perhaps you'll be less frustrated. Now git of my bak cuz I be gettin a hedack.

0 comments: