Monday, September 26, 2011

The Long and Short of It


The past week included a Six and half mile walk/jog as the longest movement of the exercise attempt. I still wasn't up to my normal exercise levels.
From an eating/drinking "sins of the week" standpoint, a buy one get one free of Halloween candy defeated my weak willpower one night. Between the candy and the brews that day I consumed 3500 calories for the day. Hmmm, what word comes to mind? How about Ugh!!!!
On the good side of things, the portion of my walk/jogs that is "jogging" seems to be getting easier all the time. I actually went to a 5k race. No. I didn't participate. I'm waiting to enter the old geezer 60 to 65 age group. I think the course had to be short. The last person to finish was just walking a normal walking pace and finished in 53 minutes.
The main thing was that young and old, men and women and kids were all participating. Each one of them have my applause for getting out there and doing it.
Friday's blog I will try to hang my hat on the "reason" or "goal" that I will try to stick with for my willpower enhancement.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you even serious about weight loss or is this just a joke to you? It is not inspiring or helping anyone out anymore. You bought and ate candy and drank a bunch of beer. You keep putting off a race, latest excuse is you want to age up. It won't get any easier no matter how old you are. A 6.5 mile walk/jog (whatever that means) is great, if done 3-5 times a week at a higher heart rate. If you do it once a week, it is pointless mostly.

Get with a program, stick to it and start inspiring, instead of wallowing.