Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Broke Toe Mountain


Just as my puny amount of jogging mixed in with my walks was beginning to ramp up, I broke my toe. Or as I put it last week when I smashed it barefoot into a rubber mallet while putting new flooring in my mountain cottage, "my dad gum dog gone I'll be danged toe". Oh well, its just the middle toe. So other than being very tender and black and blue, it doesn't hurt too much to walk. But for now I'll have to use the exercise bike and mountain bike more to offset the lower walking and no jogging bit.
Meanwhile though, I'm down 24 pounds so far. Not bad. Based on history I probably could have doubled that by now but living life while also losing 24 pounds is ok with me. I do want to get more and more spartan in my pursuit of the goal of 70 pounds though. Exercise is no problem. My "cheating" still comes in the form of food from time to time.
But habits have changed and are still evolving as I look for the right mix to go forward with for the rest of my life. Wherever you are in your own personal weight loss journey, don't give up. It will feel so good when you get to a healthy weight and new fitness level you'll know it was worth the effort.
Now get out there and break a leg/toe.....or not. Perhaps not. Just walk ok?

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

It seems you are now an official part of the club! I broke a finger early in the process. I hope you heal quicker than I did.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is the only one left that isn't totally ridiculous. Accidents happen and good for you for quickly accommodating and finding another way to exercise.

One thing in your post caught my attention. You mentioned living life and losing weight in such as way as you [might] think they are mutually exclusive. You have lost weight before so you know the two can easily coexist, and actually being a healthy weight will improve your life overall. This might be something for you to ponder. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Wanna know what's ridiculus? Continuing to 'itch and complain about a blog that no one is making you read. Move on and get a life, please!

Anonymous said...

@ anon 10:18 - how is you 'itching and complaining about my posts and different than me 'itching and complaining about the other two posters' blogs? Seems you are as lifeless as me.

Keep up the good work Dan.

Anonymous said...

It's all a balancing act. Some folks interpretation of X life is eating too much of the wrong things and taking it easy in front of the tv. Others view diet and exercise as a tedious chore. I am trying to find the balance that allows it to be a fun but important mix.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! You're doing great; keep it up.

Amy said...

Yay daddy! Good job on the 24 pound loss. I know if you step it up into high gear you can make your goal of 70. Six months to go...that's less then 2 pounds a week! You got this:)