Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Land of the Free. Home of the Brave

Hello Readers.

Its week 15 of this blog and I have an announcement to make.  I have finally reached my 20 pounds lost goal!

I realize this is just one milestone and that I have at least 16 more pounds to go to meet my mininum amount to lose, but forgive me if I bask for a moment.


Recent events this week reminded me on just how blessed Americans are to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.  We are blessed with many privileges that we take for granted, specifically the most important freedom of all -- the freedom of speech.  Many of you as readers and commentors of this blog, fully utilize this freedom.  I hope you take a minute to realize that words have power.  Words can be used to encourage those who need motivation.  Words can be used to provide guidance to those who have lost their way.  Unfortunately, words can be used as weapons. 

In the land of the free, EVERYONE has the right to share their opinion regardless how it affects the other person.  It has taken a great deal of bravery for me and for the other bloggers to share a glimpse into our worlds.  In celebration of my 20 pound hurdle, I ask you to take a minute and be thankful for the right to speak your mind.  Please use your power wisely. 

Nancy Johnson

7 comments:

Matt W said...

Congratulations on a goal met. You and the other bloggers are very courageous to share your journeys. It is sad that so many readers leave negative and discouraging comments. When protected by the anonymity of the internet, they are quick to point out the splinter in someone else's eye.

Keep on keepin' on.

Anonymous said...

I have to comments.

First, and foremost, congrats on losing 20 pounds.

Second, I don't find it all courageous to blog about your weight loss journey, sorry. There are billion and one blogs out there about fitness. The courage is taking the steps to change your life. Writing about it is just the narcissistic side.

Babs67 said...

Congratulations! You deserve to bask in the glow! Thank you for sharing your journey. Hopefully others will be inspired by your challenges and achievements and want to pursue a healthier lifestyle as well. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

Apparently, Anonymous at 10:25am does not understand what the word narcissistic means. How in the world is blogging about your weight loss narcissistic when you are pointing out every flaw you have?? Think before you speak or type people, I agree Nancy!

And 20 pounds is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Why do fat people deserve to be called brave for doing what fit and healthy people do and have done every single day of their lives? Making correct diet and exercise choices is not brave. Blogging about your fatness is not brave.

Nancy J said...

Thank you all for your supportive words. I even learned a new word. Tune in tomorrow. I will be looking for music ideas.

Nancy J said...

Thank you all for your supportive words. I even learned a new word. Tune in tomorrow. I will be looking for music ideas.