Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rip out the mess and learn as I fix it






I'm over at my mountain cabin outide of Franklin, NC today. Ripping out old carpet and starting a multi trip project to put down laminate flooring. I have never tried this particular task. I figure if it works out ok, I'll bring my talent back to Matthews and put wood flooring in our house here and save some big bucks on labor.


My mindset is a bit like the weight loss adventure. I'm willing to try some things that I may not have attempted in the past and won't worry about minor mistakes knowing I can rip out the mess and fix it as I learn. You have to be willing to mess up from time to time on our weight loss journey this year. Just don't let your mind make a bigger deal out of it that you have to.


By the way, while at the cabin this week there is a road that goes up and over a mountain ridge that is so steep its a lot like walking up stadium stairs. Each morning and each night I will be going over the top and back down the other side....and back up again. I can't wait until I reach my final goal weight. More mountains will feel like they are all downhill at that point.


Now get out there and climb your own mountains this week. Conquor. Win some battles. Learn from your defeats. Do not fear the uphills. Fear and refuse the idea of giving up.

0 comments: