Thursday, February 17, 2011

I was doing so good, and then...




This old fat geezer guy is on track boys and girls. Mid-week and I'm doing alright. I won one and lost one in the food battle though. The "win" was being in a business setting at a barbecue place for a lunch. Not a lot of diet choices there. The "Que" smelled so good. Willpower won out though and I had sliced smoked lean pork and some very dry coleslaw. Very small serving. No rolls, no hush puppies.

Then I lost one last night. I had a bowl of Cheerios with skim milk after my evening meal. Not bad right? Well, I dumped sugar on it. ARRRGH! Drop and give me 40 push ups you sinner!

Reminded me of an old work associate I once had that said something like "One 'oh shoot' (cleaned up) ruins a thousand attaboys." That saying used to bug the daylights out of me. He may have been kinda right about business, but not about diet and fitness.
My fat buddies out there, do not give up if you miss one workout or drop the ball once on your meal plans. Do, however, re-focus and get going on the right path immediately. This "is" war. Unhealthy diet or lack of exercise is the enemy. We can not afford to lose this battle. So gather your strength, your support groups, your family and friends and solicit help from wherever you can and lets win this battle!!!!

5 comments:

BeCe said...

I'm with a group of people who are following the First Place 4 Health program and they have a saying, "Do the next right thing."

Anonymous said...

Love that - do the next right thing!

Dan. Congratulations for not going crazy at BBQ! Do not get down on yourself for the sugar on your Cheerios. If it makes you feel better, sugar is relatively low in calories. 48 Calories in a tablespoon. Not to be too extreme but even a cup of sugar is less than a McDonald's meal (and it has nonfat)! Don't get me wrong, they are wasted, useless, empty calories but can be walked off, run off or cycled off relatively quickly. Processed sugar just spikes your blood sugar and then crashes it - making you crave more. Cut as much of it out as possible. That said, try to have a "right thing" day tomorrow and this weekend, no excuses and move more! Imagine that sugar re-granulating and falling off of you as you sweat bullets. It is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow and Saturday. Put in the time and don't neat yourself up.

Anonymous said...

That would be, don't beat up on yourself!

Unknown said...

Dan the man! Drop and give me 30 push ups! LOL! Great work losing the 14 pounds already! Keep it up!

Chad

bobv40 said...

Great job Dan! Just trying this whole blog thing out. I know you will win this thing.

Bobby