Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not a week for the weak



First full week of being unemployed. Had to fly up to PA for a seminar for displaced employees. Learned a lot. Was exposed to a lot of booze and food to tempt me also. Did good on the food part, a tad too many beers at night. Then immediately upon getting back home to Charlotte, wife and I drove to Durham for our daughter's wedding shower, etc. More food and drink temptations.

I am down another two pounds though. I somehow managed to walk six out of the seven days. The total weight loss so far is 14 pounds.

Now that I'm preparing the world's best resume and getting my networking list in order, I've got even less excuse to not burn more calories. Might even consider two workouts per day of different muscle groups or target areas.

One thing is for sure, with my daughter's wedding in April coming up, looking for a new job, turning 60 in October and running a half-marathon in November, I've got lots of events to focus on in this year's weight loss journey.

I'm hungry. Think I'll have an apple and a banana. To all you blog readers out there, don't be weak this week. Be strong. Be determined. Be all you can be and then ... well, be less than you are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the continued weight loss!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of temtation in the near term, however, you should have plenty of time to workout as you look for a job.

bobv40 said...

Great job Dan! Just testing this whole blog thing out. I know you've got this thing won already.

Bobby