Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Reason to Succeed


I'm off to a good start this week. In the first 3 days of the week I've walked over 9 miles, biked 90 minutes and done weights and push up/sit up routine twice. Mowed my huge yard with push mower in mid day heat and have lost the two pounds I had recently put on.
I also had a phone call this week that gave me yet another "reason" to want to succeed at this long term weight loss and health journey. My son and daughter-in-law, both of which are officers in the Army active duty, inform me I'm going to be a grandpa for the first time come early next year. Finally. I'll be 60 by then and need to be healthy and live to be about 78 years old to see this first grandchild graduate from high school someday.
So if I don't want to be called "grandchunk" by the kid someday, I need to push on and hang on. Think about all the reasons you have to get fit and stay healthy. No matter your age or circumstances there are reasons its important to you and your loved ones. Now get out there and sweat your butts off this weekend.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I say aim higher with the age thing...I would personally like to have you around as long as possible:)

John Thomas said...

Your daughter's right - you're going to have to add at least a year or two onto that number to see her future kids graduate as well! :)

Good job getting back into it with resolve, Dan, you're an example of the right thing to do.