Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I take a cooking class!

Last week I had the privilege of attending a complimentary culinary class at the new fitness center, Flex and Fit. It was the first class conducted since the facility opened. I have confessed my limitations in the kitchen on previous blog posts and I warned the Chef Terra about these limitations. Thankfully, she chose a meal and dessert that did not require alot of ingredients, time or money so I became immediately intrigued. As Chef Terra cooked I asked the other attendees about their cooking skills. Surprising many of the ladies were like me, they could cook basic things but often struggle because of their constant work and family responsibilities. Most of us agreed that cooking appeared to be a dying art especially with the younger generation.
The chicken dish and its fruity dessert were prepared and cooked in about 45 minutes. All of us committed to making time to plan and cook healthier meals. Thank you Flex and Fit for providing a facility that focuses on what we eat and exercise. Both are important parts of healthy living and weight loss. I'll explore places to find quick and cheap menus in a later post.

Until next week.


Nancy Johnson

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much were you paid to blog about this gym versus blog about the intended topic?

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous 1:41, I would like to know if money was exchanged as well. I am curious, though on what you think this blog is about. Although I'm leary on the promotion of any one organization I believe healthy eating and exercise is part of the weight loss journey.

Why don't you volunteer to blog?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1:41

What is the intended topic? If exercise and healthier cooking isn't part, what is?

Anonymous said...

I was under the impression this blog was about three obese people losing weight.

One blogger went off the ranch in about 2 weeks with bizarre rants against fit people, sweaty people, her boobs and finally her fat dog. It was pathetic.

The other two bloggers have done a nice job but lately this poster has been increasingly weird with paid advertisements for gyms, Oprah commentaries, race and religious topics, Daddy issues, etc. The focus seems to not be on hard core weight loss.

Dan keeps it real.

I do have a blog. It is about die-hard fitness and competition. It is a private blog for people in a certain athletic community. I try to keep it about the sport and training, and not so much about extraneous stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on. Let's not be bashful. You write a "private" blog yet critique Anonymously. Why? Can you not take constructive feedback?

Please post your link so that we can see how a real blogger does it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I get plenty of feedback on my blog, some of it downright nasty, but that's part of the deal with blogging. It's private in the sense you have to be a paid member of this sporting organization to view and post.

Jod said...

Nancy, I heard about the cooking classes at this new facility too and am very excited to try them out. Seems like there are very few places that teach you how to cook healthy lower calorie food. Thanks for an inside look at the place, I can't wait to try it!