Monday, June 20, 2011

Filling the Hole

Happy Belated Fathers Day to anyone that provides love, support and a sense of security to a child.  Every year, this particular holiday was a reminder of a hole in my life because I had a MIA father. My parents separated when I was young and when my father left my mother, he also left me and my two younger brothers.  This parental abandonment left an emotional hole and is one reason for my weight issues.

In my quest to win my battle of the bulge, I've decided to explore some of the reasons for the weight. Although I've long given up on the dream of the typical loving father-daughter relationship, this year I decided to finally do something I haven't done in a very long time. This year I mailed a card to my father.

In the past, I often ate to fill this and other voids in my life. Sending the Father's Day card was my way of finally addressing this hole and moving on to a healthier life.  Food and fathers both have an important role in a healthy life.  It's important, not to mix the roles.

Nancy Johnson

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like you, had basically a fatherless childhood. Unlike you, I spent most of my life trying to "fill the hole" with men & completely confusing sex with love. I have since come to find the truth. REAL TRUTH. My father wasn't the only hole I had. I was created with a void or an empty place that only a Savior could fill. We were intentionally formed with this void so that we would seek Him, Jesus Christ, to bring us ultimate peace & contentment. So many of us try everything under the sun to take His place. That's how addictions are formed. Seek Jesus with all your heart & you will want for nothing because He supplies ALL our needs. It starts with Surrendering your life and your control over to God Almighty. He has a perfect plan for your life ... filled with unconditional love from your Heavenly Father. Jeremiah 29:11 In His Love, Audra