Friday, June 17, 2011

Eat Your Veggies


Summer doesn't officially start until next week. Try to convince the thermometer summer didn't start weeks ago. Its been hot. Until the brief respite this week one local weather person said our average for early June had been same median temperature as what Tampa Florida would normally expect for that time of the year.
So, how is your body and appetite holding out in the heat? For me I spend a lot of time outside and don't let the heat stop me. However, I do find a change in my yearnings for food during hot weather. I tend to crave veggies more than meat. My garden is doing its best imitation of a jungle these days as I planted way too much stuff for the space. We have bunches of tomatoes , lettuce, squash, zucchini and onions ready to harvest and egg plant, okra, cauliflower, peppers all about to produce.
My opportunity to eat lots and lots of vegetables will soon push aside the need for meat even more.
Visit your local produce stands and load up on healthy food for the summer. Try some filling and tasty melons while you are at it. They fill you up and hydrate you well in this hot weather.
With exercise and proper healthy eating we will come into fall weather needing to buy some smaller cloths for winter.....so start saving your money for the new wardrobe.

1 comments:

Amy said...

That's the same with me but I also crave more icecream! I need to be smart about it though:)