Thursday, April 7, 2011

A big weigh in. And the number is...


Last week I left my introductory Weight Watchers meeting with a smile on my face, fully prepared to follow the plan. Since joining this blog I have lost 15 pounds so I was confident that following the plan was a piece of cake. Boy, was I wrong. What happened? Single-parent responsibilities. Care taker duties. Work deadlines. Flu-like illness. Extracurricular activities. LIFE.


Realizing that I was not fully compliant with the program, I went into the meeting on Wednesday ready for the verdict from the scale. Did I lose weight? Well, I guess my haircut on Tuesday afternoon worked. I lost 4 pounds. I'm down 19 pounds! More importantly, my daughter Brittany has lost almost 40! I was lucky this week, but I realize that I must plan for real success. What will I do different this upcoming week?


  • I will exercise in the morning at least three times a week. This won't be easy; I am not a morning person. But I realize that I am kidding myself when I say I will exercise after a 12-hour day. It just does not happen and I have to move it to lose it.

  • I will plan, pack and track everything that goes in my mouth. If I don't know the points or can't calculate them, I won't eat it.

  • I will sleep at least 7 hours a night and drink at least 24 ounces of water a day.

  • I will learn 3 easy to cook recipes.

  • I will plan to succeed by putting me and my health higher up on my priority list.

I have learned a very valuable lesson on my first week. Losing weight is like baking a cake, you must follow the recipe closely or you could very well face disaster. Until next week ....
Nancy Johnson






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, to you and Brittany! I'm sure a closer following of the plan brings even better results next week.

ML said...

Nancy, I enjoy your blog. You and Brittany are doing great. You need to drink more than 24 oz of water a day though - more like 64. If you aren't used to drinking that much water, it is tough at first but you'll get used to it, and you'll fell better hydrated.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!! Congratulations! I made the 25lb weight loss goal at WW today! 33 lbs down total. Like my leader says ~ if you kind of do it, it kind of works. If you really do it, it really works!! Move over Jennifer Hudson!

Anonymous said...

While your fellow female blogger continues her twice weekly litany of whining and excuse making all you are doing is getting real and losing weight. Way to go!

Nancy J said...

Thank you all fror your support and kind words.

I loved the "kinda follow - kinda get results"!

Until next week. Take care.

Anonymous said...

In my experience, Weight Watchers is the only program that truly works! Remember, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. If you follow the program and go to your meetings, I promise you will have success! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Seems like you are on the right path! Like the other poster said, it is a lifestyle change. I started in Jan. getting serious about my lifestyle and what we were eating. I just hit the 50 pound mark. You can do it. There is a great website that you can use to track what you eat- (don't like the name too much) www.fatsecret.com You can also download on your blackberry or iphone--it's FREE! it really helped me to see what I was eating when and how much exercise I was doing. Best of luck to you! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

WW works and when you add exercise - watch out!!!!

Good for you! Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Great work! You are doing all the right things - keep it up!