Friday, April 29, 2011

The Frank Sinatra Plan




I Did It Myyyyyyyy Waaaaayyyyyy!. Yep, old Frankie boy could belt out a tune for sure. I did it my way is also an idea about long term weight reduction and fitness improvement.

You can read all kinds of excellent articles right in the Charlotte Observer online sources and thousands of others on websites. You can hire a personal nutrition expert or exercise coach. You can join groups like Weight Watchers or walking/running/biking/hiking clubs to help you stay interested in those things. You can join a gym. You can sign up for a drastic weight loss diet plan and lose lots of weight fast like Marie Osmond and others did.

The thing is, however, to find something that is both sustainable physically and emotionally so as to make it a part of your life from now on. I tend to like to exercise. I mean it actually is a satisfying thing. To others, its a chore they know they have to do. Sickness, injuries, change in jobs or locations can all interrupt the flow of your exercise. So you need to find something you will "want to" get back to even after a set back. So my overweight buddies, read, research, listen to others successful "methods", but in the end, you are an experiment of one. Find your groove and alter it as needed. Perfect your plan. Embrace your challenge. Try to keep some humor and humility in your failures and successes. With never ending effort and thought and action we can look back years from now as we prove our success and join old Frank Sinatra in a round of "I Did It My Way".

0 comments: