Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Suspenders are Great!



First thing is a big thanks to those of you who sent me suggested food "log" websites etc. I decided to go with "myfitnesspal.com." I didn't get going on it until mid week. It did really help me think about how many calories I was taking in. The result? I lost the pound gained from the proior week and lost another for a new total weight loss of 15 Lbs.

This week I want to add an exercise goal to push toward. I will go for my first week of hitting or exceeding 20 miles walking/jogging. Also goal of minimum of 90 minutes biking. And of course the SPEW (situp/pushups/exercisebike/weights) workouts.

In addition to the scales indicating some success, my pants also remind me things are starting to change. Thank God for suspenders! Belts just wad up the material now due to the excess of waist size. So I bought some suspenders to hold up my denim pants . Hey, it also fits my old geezer personae, right? Also got fitted for my tux for my daughters April 16th wedding and once again the slacks were wanting to slide off and only keep my ankles modest. But tux do use suspenders to. So this week I dedicate my exercise and diet to whoever that genius was who invented suspenders. Now get out there and walk you butt off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job on your comeback. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Think about how successful you've been and had you not started this, you could be getting fitted 15 or more lbs heavier! Good for you!