Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What would Cool Hand Luke Do?


I think I need multiple personalities. At least more than the ones I have already. Here's the good news...... I dropped another pound and did 21 miles of walking last week. I'm at 16 pounds lost so far and under 230 for the first time in ages now.

The bad news is I didn't bike any nor do my exercise weight lifting etc at all. I also ate and drank too much on two days. So, guess I should be glad to lose another pound. I feel like a 3 pound week is right there before me if I can put it all together for a week. It seems like I can only focus on one thing per week. Either food or exercise. Either walk/jog or bike/exercise. I'm also monitoring a knee ache for my walking/jogging. I need to be especially careful with any jogging this week.

So at age 59, and 229 pounds I'm making progress. But like they used to tell "Cool Hand Luke" in the movie with Steve McQueen, "You've got to get your mind right".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you need to focus on just one thing until you feel confident you have achieved a small goal and trust that behavior change is becoming a habit not just a fad. When I did that it made the result measurable and then I would add another goal to work on in the journey. I have been at this for 2 1/2 years and lost 130 lbs. Stay on the journey and don't let the challenges throw you off course for long.

Anonymous said...

Paul Newman was in Cool Hand Luke, not Steve McQueen.

Amy said...

Good job Dad! Keep it up:)

Anonymous said...

Keep it up! The wedding is in 2 weeks, and that includes PAINTBALL!!!