Monday, March 28, 2011

There's so many other ways to be a loser!

If being healthy is supposed to make me feel good, why do I feel so bad lately? I've lost between 10 and 12 pounds (depending on when I weigh myself), made a conscious effort to make good food choices (most of the time), and have started exercising and working with weights again (as frequently as possible). Not once have I felt successful. I even started to consider my professional and personal efforts disappointments. Since becoming a Charlotte Loser, I've simply felt like a loser.


Today I realized all my work hasn't been for naught. Best Personal Trainer Ever (aka Kristen) increased the amount of weight on the arm machine (the one where you lean back and pull down - the Arm Pull Down machine). I'm 5 pounds up and twice that down. I bought a book for a diet I am actually going to follow (and blog about). I'm still happy, laughing, and working towards being a successful human being.


I may be going slow, I may be doing it my way, and I may be having trouble, but I'm doing it. I'm doing it and being me, and if I can do this, anyone can. I've had bad days, crying jags, and frustrated melt-downs, but I'm still going like the fabled turtle who beat the crap out of that lily white hare. To anyone who struggles with anything - let's do this (however we can manage), and when we're successful, let's buy short skirts and tight shirts and go dancing!

15 comments:

Sugar Plum said...

woo hoo!

Unknown said...

Nice blog, miss your humor though. Congrats on the weight lose, 12 ibs is a big deal!... You are on a roll, and good job at the gym. I am also sure someone has something negative to say about it, like "stop complaining" or "or what are you really doing to lose weight" BLAH BLAH BLAH. So I am glad I got to read it and the comments before the debbie downers have had a chance to complain.

Anonymous said...

Your stated goal for this blog was to lose 80 pounds by November. You now have seven months to lose 70 pounds, or, 10 pounds a month. How many days a week are you exercising? You should be vigorously exercising 5 times a week to get you to your goal. I wish you wouldn't blog about your informercial diet. I believe those are hoaxes and not at all conducive to successful long term weight loss.

At least you didn't make fun of fit people in this entry. That's a start.

tigerblood said...

Never too early for tight shirts and short skirts...plus sized women can rock 'em too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Fat chicks in short shorts and tight tops is a bad bad idea. Cmon tigerblood.

Anonymous said...

Stop blogging, start exercising:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/28/2179304/running-out-of-excuses.html

Just Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter how fast you lose it, so long as you lose it. Keep up the good work and be proud of what you're doing!

tigerblood said...

@ Anon 11:07, one man's fat is another's curvy...it all depends on the lady and where she carries her excess weight...but big girls can be hot too! ;) #winning

Anonymous said...

Fat is fat, not curvy.

tigerblood said...

be nice anon 3:20...one man's trash is another's treasure...and don't knock it till you try it...!!!

Anonymous said...

Not going to discount the positive effects of weight training, but in my experience and of those I know who've lost significant weight, the emphasis needs to be on cardio. You gotta run, walk, elliptical, cycle, play sports, etc. That heart rate needs to get up there and stay there for a while to help shock the system so your metabolism gets going. I think too many trainers get too focused on weights. If you would get some positive motivation going you could move from being a turtle to more like a sedate hare.

Anonymous said...

100% agree with the above comment. A person as morbidly obese as the blogger needs to be doing cardio right now. Weights might be appropriate down the line but not now. Maybe if she is doing 90 minute sessions at the gym, 15 minutes of weights and 75 of cardio would be good.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 12lb. weight loss. No matter how slow, or what anybody else thinks, a loss is still a loss. It's so easy to be perfect and so opinionated when you can hide behind your computer. Keep up the good work and positive attitude.

Anonymous said...

Miss - Congrats on the 10 down and 5 up!!! Despite what some people think, it's truly hard to change overnight those habits you've spent a lifetime cultivating. Just keep doing the best you can and every workout or visit with Best Trainer Ever is one more session toward your goal.
....and when you put on that short skirt and tight shirt, make sure you have shoes I hate. :)